Foundation Trust Membership
It's your service, it's your health - become a member
The Trust currently has over 16,000 members
Who can become a public member?
- you must be 16 years old or over, there is no upper age limit
- you must be a resident of England or Wales
Why become a public member?
By becoming a member of the Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, you show your commitment to your local hospitals. We want to make membership work for you as well.
Click here to watch a video about our Governors, and why you should become a member.
It's all about using local knowledge and listening to local views so we can make the most of the freedom that NHS Foundation Trust status gives.
- have a say in the future of your local hospitals
- receive membership information and a welcome pack, including information on how to use NHS Discounts.
- have the opportunity to attend Members' events
- receive Foundations for Health, our member magazine
- take part in Member surveys
- vote in the elections for governors
- stand for election yourself as a governor
- eligibilty for NHS Discounts
- Life-long membership is free!
Members do not get preferential treatment as patients - this is determined on clinical need.
You can complete a membership application form online and once you have joined as a member, you can have as much or as little involvement as you wish.
Membership shows an interest in local health services